Version 0.1. Subject to change in backwards-incompatible ways without notice.
Feedmark is a format for embedding entities in Markdown files with accompanying metadata in a way which is both human-readable and machine-extractable. Feedmark is a subset of Markdown.
Informally, the format says that every
h3-level heading in the
Markdown file gives the title of an entity, and may be followed
immediately by the entity's "plaque", which is a bullet list
where every item is prefixed by an identifier and a colon.
This repository contains a Python program,
feedmark, which is an
implementation of an extractor for the Feedmark format. It is
currently able to:
- parse a set of Feedmark documents and extract entries from them
- dump a summary of the parsed entries and their properties
- dump an inverted index of each property found, and its entries
- write out an Atom (née RSS) feed containing the parsed entries
- parse all of the "Items of Note" lists in The Dossier
Example Feedmark documents can be found in the
bin/feedmark "eg/Recent Llama Sightings.md" --output-atom=feed.xml python -m SimpleHTTPServer 7000 & python -m webbrowser http://localhost:7000/feed.xml
Why is this desirable? Because if your structured data format is a subset of Markdown, the effort to format it into something nicely human-readable is very small. YAML and Markdown are both fairly easy to read as raw text, but Github, for example, automatically formats Markdown as HTML, making it that much nicer.
git clone https://git.catseye.tc/Feedmark/
- Prep for release of version 0.1. Chris Pressey 3 years ago
- Remove more punctuation when creating links. Chris Pressey 3 years ago
- Construct the entry URL more robustly. Chris Pressey 3 years ago
- Add 'Read more' links to HTML snippet. Factor out URL code. Chris Pressey 3 years ago
- Refactor further. Introduce an "HTMLizer". This may change. Chris Pressey 3 years ago
- Add crude version of --output-html-snippet option. Refactor. Chris Pressey 3 years ago
- Merge /home/cpressey/canonical/git/Feedmark Chris Pressey 3 years ago
- Update README. Chris Pressey 3 years ago
- Add a --limit command-line option which limits written Atom feeds. Chris Pressey 3 years ago
- Add link-to-anchors-on. Each entry can now link to its own. Chris Pressey 3 years ago