Tree @master (Download .tar.gz)
The Deturgenchry Programming Language
Deturgenchry is a simple object-oriented language with several distinguishing features. It is a work in progress, so exactly what those features are is still being hashed out, but they're something like:
- Single-assignment: all objects are immutable.
- The implicit
selfparameter is a continuation (or similar) representing the currently executing method;
self.objectis the current object.
- There is also an
otherparameter which represents the method that called the current method. There is no explicit
For more detailed information on the language (so far), and a set of
Falderal tests, see
The reference implementation of Deturgenchry is written in Haskell,
and requires the
Parsec parser combinator library.
The Deturgenchry project is covered under a BSD-style license; see the
LICENSE for more information.
git clone https://git.catseye.tc/Deturgenchry/
- If no ghc, write out driver script that uses runhugs instead. Chris Pressey 9 years ago
- This is still under development, don't run tests under toolshelf. Cat's Eye Technologies 10 years ago
- `Object` was a terrible name for this, for obvious reasons. catseye 10 years ago
- Try to make accessing `self` yield the current continuation. catseye 10 years ago
- Make Continuation an ADT with `continue` op. Clearer? Shrug. catseye 10 years ago
- Rename ContV to something less easily confused with ContVal... catseye 10 years ago
- Clearly 'Self' can't be this. Although, this way is no better. catseye 10 years ago
- Update spec a tad. Fix "exitFailure 0" for pickier Haskell(?). catseye 10 years ago
- Update to newer Haskell. Add .gitignore and .hgignore. catseye 11 years ago
- Dist. org. guidelines: build.sh -> make.sh catseye 11 years ago