Tree @semaphore-setup (Download .tar.gz)
This is the distribution for "stringie", an implementation of Underload in ANSI C.
Seeing that there was no non-pathological implementation of ais523's beautiful Underload language in C, I undertook that project one evening. (In the company of a bottle of really fine wine. Why, it cost almost twelve dollars.) The result is one of the most pedantic and boring Underload interpreters known to man. Perhaps the most interesting property of it is its name, "stringie", which was an accident.
(cd src && make)
You can also pass
make to have the C compiler treat the source
code as ANSI C, and this will work, because the source code is ANSI C.
It can also be build using DICE C under AmigaDOS 1.3; see the file build.seq for details.
./bin/stringie '(Hello, world!)S'
From this we can see that the Underload program to be interpreted is passed directly in the first command-line argument to the executable.
However, there is also a form by which the Underload program can be read from a file:
./bin/stringie from eg/hello.ul
This distribution also contains a description of the Underload language
doc directory, and a collection of example programs in the
directory. These were taken from public-domain sources.
The contents of this repository are in the public domain. See the file UNLICENSE for more information.
Thanks to stasoid for finding, and describing a fix for, a heap-corrupting bug.
git clone https://git.catseye.tc/stringie/
- Guess you need to checkout first. Wait CRLF EOLs what is this Chris Pressey 3 years ago
- Add semaphore.yml Chris Pressey 3 years ago
- rawgit is going away. No great loss to link to non-rendered HTML. Chris Pressey 4 years ago
- Merge pull request #2 from catseye/develop-1.0 Chris Pressey (commit: GitHub) 4 years ago
- Add AUTOFLUSH compile-time option; use in Amiga build (untested). Chris Pressey 4 years ago
- Make sure examples end with EOL, and add 2 more examples. Chris Pressey 4 years ago
- Try to clean up this document. Chris Pressey 4 years ago
- Make example usage clearer. Chris Pressey 4 years ago
- Remove advice which is now unnecessary. Chris Pressey 4 years ago
- Add ability to load Underload program from a file. Chris Pressey 4 years ago