Tree @master (Download .tar.gz)
This repository actually contains two implementations of two different bots written in two different languages. The ongoing idea is that they should be merged into a single bot, called mzstorkipiwanbotbotbot, written in R. This will never happen.
mzstorkipiwanbotbotbot is an IRC bot with no purpose or plan. It supports a small command language (parsed using Lua patterns — clearly the best way to parse anything) in which variables can be defined with nick, server, or channel scope. It requires ncat or some similar tool to connect to IRC.
Rtype is an IRC bot with a difference — it's written in R, the Language of the Future. Also features extensive use of Unicode snowmen → ☃☃☃
Rtype does not require anything extra to connect to IRC. But it also doesn't do nearly as much as mzstorkipiwanbotbotbot does. But there is some potential for a bot written in R to save its state as an R workspace, and thus remember all the nick/server/channel variables between settings.
The source code for both of these bots is in the public domain.
git clone https://git.catseye.tc/mzstorkipiwanbotbotbot/
- Added tag 0.1 for changeset daff3d98c080 Chris Pressey 6 years ago
- Add an UNLICENSE to drive home that these're in the public domain. catseye 8 years ago
- Add .gitignore. catseye 8 years ago
- Add README. catseye 8 years ago
- My other bot is also an extremely pointless bot. catseye 8 years ago
- Initial import of files for Mzstorkipiwanbotbotbot. Chris Pressey 10 years ago