Erratic Turtle Graphics
This is a gewgaw that I prototyped sometime in (I believe) 2018. I don't remember when I had the original idea, but I think it was not long before that.
And that idea is: turtle graphics, except there's a small margin of error. You might ask for "Turn right 90 degrees" but you might get only "Turn right 89.91 degrees".
If you use a faint pen, and repeat the drawing instructions many times over, you get a nice pencilly noisy effect.
In late 2019 I added a rudimentary command language similar to Logo, for user-created designs. The commands are:
fd NUM move forward this many pixels rt NUM rotate right this many degrees lt NUM rotate left this many degrees setxyr NUM NUM set the coordinates, as a percentage of the width and height of the canvas shiftxyr NUM NUM adjust the coordinates, as a percentage of the width and height of the canvas seterr NUM NUM set the error rate for rotations and movements respectively shifterr NUM NUM adjust the error rate for rotations and movements respectively
git clone https://git.catseye.tc/Erratic-Turtle-Graphics/
- Put the canvas in a scrollable viewport so it looks nicer on mobile. Chris Pressey 11 months ago
- Upgrade the version of DAM used in the demo to version 0.2. Chris Pressey 11 months ago
- Better links. Chris Pressey 1 year, 4 months ago
- See-also other similar gewgaws. Chris Pressey 1 year, 4 months ago
- Link to online installation. Chris Pressey 2 years ago
- Add screenshot and document the command language. Chris Pressey 2 years ago
- Clean up. Chris Pressey 2 years ago
- Initial turtle state simplifies "Logo" programs. Chris Pressey 2 years ago
- Show/allow editing of "Logo" program in a textarea. Chris Pressey 2 years ago
- Fix initially selected program. Chris Pressey 2 years ago