The Circute Cellular Automaton
Note: parts of this readme were cribbed from the esolangs.org wiki entry for Circute, which is in the public domain.
Circute is a two-dimensional five-state cellular automaton. It was designed by Chris Pressey in 2005 as a test of the so-called "wire-crossing problem". It is similar in some respects to WireWorld, but attempts to act more like an actual digital electronic circuit, providing as its basic mechanism the only logic gate you ever really need, the NAND gate.
- blank. Never changes.
=- wire. Sparks pass through.
-- tail. Used to make sparks act more like snakes.
#- spark. These spread across wires.
N- NAND gate. Never changes itself, but if there's a free wire directly along the left or the right, send a message along any wire directly above or below.
Circute has a simple description written in ALPACA. This distribution contains both that description, and a Perl script compiled from it which animates the cellular automaton.
git clone https://git.catseye.tc/Circute/
- Merge pull request #2 from catseye/develop-1.0-2018.1 Chris Pressey (commit: GitHub) 5 years ago
- Restore ability to depict on a canvas. Chris Pressey 5 years ago
- Update yoob.js to 0.16, JSONP example programs, launcher script. Chris Pressey 5 years ago
- Added tag rel_1_0_2015_0629 for changeset 30efc417ae89 Chris Pressey 7 years ago
- Update yoob.js to 0.7-2015.0108. Chris Pressey 8 years ago
- Populate source initially with .select('osc'). Chris Pressey 8 years ago
- Update to yoob.js 0.7; use yoob.PresetManager; add Reset button. Chris Pressey 8 years ago
- Added tag rel_1_0_2014_0819 for changeset 05665687b7f7 Chris Pressey 8 years ago
- Update yoob.js files to verion 0.5 (no real change at all.) Cat's Eye Technologies 9 years ago
- Work out some of the view issues by reorganizing a bit. Cat's Eye Technologies 9 years ago