Tree @master (Download .tar.gz)
BUILDING.markdown @master — view markup · raw · history · blame
How to Build The Platform
If you are on a Unix-like operating system, you can build your own disk image with the following steps. It is roughly 3.6G in size, so make sure you have some free space.
- Install Funicular 0.4 (via shelf, we would suggest, although this is not strictly necessary)
- Put a copy of (or a symbolic link to) the
install ISO for i386, called
NetBSD-6.1.5-i386.iso, in this repo's root directory. Since it is fairly large (~314M) it is not automatically downloaded by Funicular, and you may wish to obtain it via a torrent or by some other method.
In this repo's directory, run
IMAGE_SIZE=3600 funicular init system funicular install funicular init setup funicular setup
and follow the instructions given to you at each step.
Notes for making the Torrent
- Build the image per the instructions in the Funicularfile.
exitand review the
- If no errors, delete the
typescriptand exit the emulator.
- Create a directory on a FAT32 or NTFS partition called
The-Cats-Eye-Technologies-Platform-0.x. We'll call this the torrent directory.
- Copy the
The-Cats-Eye-Technologies-Platform-0.x.imgin the torrent directory.
pandoc --from=markdown --to=html5 <USAGE.md >USAGE.html.
USAGE.htmlto the torrent directory too.
- Reboot into Windows.
- Use 7-Zip to compress the image to
The-Cats-Eye-Technologies-Platform-0.x.img.7zat the highest level of compression.
- Copy the torrent directory into the
webseedsdirectory of the static website data.
- rsync the static website data to the live website.
- Run μTorrent. Select "Create new torrent".
- Select "Add directory" and select the torrent directory.
- In the "Webseeds" text box, enter
http://static.catseye.tc/webseeds/(note: there have been issues with webseeds not being 100% downloaded; I'm not sure if the cause is the torrent software, or the web server configuration, or something else.)
- In the "Related website" text box, enter
- Click "Create torrent".