Welcome to the NEW Befunge-93 Reference Distribution
Since `bef` is a reference implementation (so far as it goes) of Befunge-93,
we saw fit to once again combine the specification and implementation into a
Befunge-93 is an esoteric programming language where the program exists in a
two-dimensional grid of cells, where each cell contains a single instruction,
and execution can proceed in any cardinal direction across this grid -- not
just left-to-right, but also right-to-left, top-to-bottom, and bottom-to-top.
For more information, see the Befunge-93 specification in the `doc` directory.
* `README.markdown`: these post-modernist existential rants
* `LICENSE`: a bedtime story written to give your lawyer sweet dreams
* `doc/Befunge-93.markdown`: the specification for Befunge-93, such as it is
* `src/bef.c`: Befunge-93 reference interpreter/debugger v2.23 source code
* `src/bef2c.c`: Befunge-93 to ANSI C compiler v0.94 source code
* `src/befprof.c`: Befunge-93 profiler v0.94 source code
* `eg/*`: Various and sundry contributed Befunge-93 programs
For More Information
See Cat's Eye Technologies' official [Befunge-93 Project Page].
[Befunge-93 Project Page]: http://catseye.tc/projects/befunge93/
August 25, 2012